Open Access Policy and Statement
Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law
Open Access Information and Policy
All articles published by the Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law are made immediately available worldwide under an open access license. This means:
- everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of all articles and other types of publication published in the Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law; and
- everyone is free to re-use the published material if proper accreditation/citation of the original publication is given under an open access Attribution Creative Commons 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
No special permission is required to reuse all or part of article published by the Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law including figures and tables. All articles published under an open access Attribution Creative Commons 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0), and any part of the article may be reused without permission provided that the original article is clearly cited. Reuse of an article does not imply endorsement by the authors or Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law.
Meaning of Open Access
In accordance with major definitions of open access in scientific literature (namely the Budapest, Berlin, and Bethesda declarations), the Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law defines open access by the following conditions:
- peer-reviewed literature is freely available without subscription or price barriers,
- literature is immediately released in open access format (no embargo period), and
- published material can be re-used without obtaining permission as long as a correct citation to the original publication is given.
This means that all articles published in the Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law, including data, graphics, and supplements, can be linked from external sources, scanned by search engines, re-used by text mining applications or websites, blogs, etc. free of charge under the sole condition of proper accreditation of the source and original publisher. The Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law believes that open access publishing fosters the exchange of research results amongst scientists from different disciplines, thus facilitating interdisciplinary research. Open access publishing also provides access to research results to researchers worldwide, including those from developing countries, and to an interested general public. Although the Zaaken: Journal of Civil and Business Law publishes all of its articles under the open access model, we believe that open access is an enriching part of the scholarly communication process that can and should co-exist with other forms of communication and publication, such as society-based publishing and conferencing activities.