The minimum standard requirements of Jurnal Civics: Media Kajian Kewarganegaraan must be:
- Written in English.
- Author name accompanied by full affiliate address and appropriate email address.
- The submitted papers between 5000 – 7000 words.
- Editors will evaluate if the papers are needing more pages than 12 pages.
- Use a tool such as Zotero and Mendeley for reference management and formatting and choose APA style 7th.
- Make sure that the paper using the template Jurnal Civics.
Structure of The Manuscript
The manuscript must be prepared and suggested present follow the structure:
- The title of paper typing in sentence case, without acronym or abbreviation, and case study
- Written briefly one paragraph of 150-200 WORDS; No citation; State in the abstract aprimary objective, research design, methodology, main outcomes, results, and the conclusions.
- Section structure. Authors present their articles in the section structure: Introduction, Method, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgement, References
- References. Expect a minimum of 30 referenceswith a minimum of 80% international reputable journal.
The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript. The title should be informative and written both briefly and clearly and with no diverse multi-interpretations. It must be pinpointed with the issues that will be discussed. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviations. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by their explanations.
An abstract: The text must be within 150-250 words maximum and followed by five keywords. The abstract must contain aims of the paper, methods, results, and conclusion. The length of this part is 5 %.
Introduction: The introduction must contain a general background and a literature review as the basis of the brand new research question or show the main limitation of the previous researchers and solve it (gap analysis). Show the scientific merit or novelties of the paper and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. The length of this part is 25 %.
Method: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem solving of the research are explained in this part. The length of this part is 10%.
Discussion and Result: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part. The discussion should explore the significance of the results of the work, not repeat them. Make the discussion corresponding to the results, but do not reiterate the results. The following components should be covered in the discussion: How do r results relate to the original question or objectives outlined in the Introduction section? Do you provide a scientific interpretation for each of the results or findings presented (why)? Are your results consistent with what other investigators have reported (what else)? Or are there any differences? The length of this part is 50%.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advice. The conclusions will be the answers of the hypothesis, the research purposes, and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advice contains suggestions associated with further ideas from the research. The length of this part is 10%.
References: All the references used in the article must be listed in this part. Expect a minimum of 30 references. In this part, expect a minimum of 30 references with 80% from reputable international journals. Published in the last ten years. Each article should have at least ten references.
The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should be the reference sources. The references should use reference application management such as Mendeley. The writing format used in Jurnal Civics follows the format applied by APA 7th Edition (American Psychological Association).
Example of the body note style
(Steenbrink, 1984, p. 32), Crick (1998)
Examples for Bibliography
Crick, B. (1998). Education for citizenship and the teaching of democracy in schools. Final report of the advisory group on citizenship. London. http://doi.org/10.1177/014473949901900204
Davies, I., Shirley, I. G., & C.Riley. (2003). Good citizenship and educational provision. British Educational Research Journal (Vol. 27). London and New York: Falmer Press and Taylor & Francis.
De Groot, I. (2011). Why we are not democratic yet: The complexity of developing a democratic attitude. In W. Veugelers (Ed.), education and humanism: linking autonomy and humanity (pp. 79–94). Rotterdam, Boston, Taipei: Springer Science & Business Media.
Deth, J. W. van. (2013). Citizenship and the civic realities of everyday life. In M. Print & D. Lange (Eds.), Civic education and competences for engaging citizens in democracies. Sense Publisher.
Gibson, C., & Levine, P. (2003). The civic mission of schools. New York.
Johnson, L., & Morris, P. (2010). Towards a framework for critical citizenship education. The Curriculum Journal, 21(1), 77–96. http://doi.org/10.1080/09585170903560444
The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by Online Submission System in the Jurnal Civics: Media Kajian Kewarganegaraan portal HERE.
- author should register as either an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the "Register" or
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click on "New Submission". The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as:(1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the "Start" column, choose Journal Section (Full Article) and check all the checklists.
- In the "Upload Submission" Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
- In the "Enter Metadata" columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
- In the "Upload Supplementary Files" columns, the author can upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
- In the "Confirmation" columns, if the data you entered is all correct already, then click "Finish Submission".
- If the author has difficulties in the online system's submission process, please contact Jurnal Civics: